Updated: January 1, 2015
We may collect information you provide to us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer's name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide.
We collect information automatically when you use the BRT Service. When you access or use the BRT Service, we may automatically collect information about you, including but not limited to:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the BRT Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using the BRT Services, the content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your content in the BRT Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the BRT Services including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the BRT Services.
- Device Information: If you access the BRT Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile apps.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the BRT Services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the BRT Services without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the BRT Services are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used in the BRT Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the BRT Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the social media service.
Use of Information
We use all of this information to help maintain accurate accounts, to provide and to change services, to provide accurate billing and shipping, to answer your inquiries, to market services and products, and to help make our web site useful to you.
By accessing or using the BRT Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc.
- Corporate Account: If you are an individual registered user of the BRT Service and the domain of the primary email address associated with your BRT Service account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a BRT Service corporate account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization's administrator including your email address.
- For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the BRT Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account, and any content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the BRT Services.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements and policies, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the BRT Services, (d) to protect BRT, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
Collaborating and Sharing Feature
The BRT Service offers collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your content through the BRT Services. As a function of the collaborative nature of the BRT Services and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public. You can choose to change your settings at any time as provided through your account. For more information about such collaboration and sharing features, we encourage you to review the information provided at http://support.dynafile.com/default.asp?W36.
U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor
BRT complies with the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the from European Union member countries and Switzerland. BRT has self-certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view BRT's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
BRT has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor principals to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the American Arbitration Association (ICDR/AAA Safe Harbor Program). If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your compliant, or if your compliant is not satisfactorily addressed by BRT, please visit the American Arbitration Association at http://go.adr.org/safeharbor for more information and to file a complaint.
While no service is completely secure, BRT takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we encrypt your content when it is stored in our data centers. In addition, sensitive information such as credentials and passwords that we request from you on the BRT Services is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
We and our affiliated businesses, partners, and agents may use e-mail to communicate to our customers, respond to visitors' e-mails, or to inform you about events or new products. We will not send commercial solicitation via e-mail to you if you request that it not be sent.
- Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from BRT by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the BRT Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the BRT Services.
- California Residents. BRT Services are in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with BRT may choose to opt out of BRT's disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to "opt out", please contact BRT with such request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at Blue Ribbon Technologies, 8400 East Crescent Parkway, Suite 600, Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111, Attn: Privacy Officer.
Our Policy Toward Children
The BRT Services are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), and are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the BRT Services. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website's policies, not by those of BRT. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.